1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Van de Velde Alert (or 2012 Golf thread)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Pretty epic golf collapse right now on CBS (unless they're replaying something from 2 years ago that I've missed) -- Kyle Stanley was up by 3 going into the par 5 18th and made an 8, including a 70 yarder into the water and a missed 3.5 footer that would have won it.

Playoff about to start.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Who the hell is Kyle Stanley?

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The guy that blew a 6 shot lead (3 shot lead on the last hole) at Torrey Pines in 2012.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Awesome.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Pretty wild stuff. And he came back after putting up a snowman on 18 to make a birdie on the first playoff hole.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He was up 7.

Just switched it to Golf Channel from CBS. Unbelievable stuff. I would listen to Feherty/Kostis/McCord all day long. I say this loving Roger Maltibe, but the whole Gary Koch/Johnny Miller/ Roger Maltbie trifecta doesn't hold a candle.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

...and Stanley misses a putt to extend.

Rivoting stuff.

8. MileHigh

Gag.

He just three-putted on the second playoff hole.

Thanks for playing.

9. MileHigh

Throw in Faldo who is wicked funny and quick on his feet. CBS by far has the best golf coverage.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Can't imagine wasting my time on golf when the Lingerie Football League semifinals are on MTV2.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

hmm.....

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Still hard to believe it has been 13 years since the whole Van De Velde collapse. Still remember Tirico, Strange and Azinger doing this like yesterday.

Draft saved Draft deleted