1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VaccinateGate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jan 29, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

All these idiots think they're getting Ebola on a plane.

3. ejyankee

ejyankee New Member

The only people with a good reason for not vaccinating are those that can't. I understand children with diseases like cancer can't get vaccinations because of their compromised immune systems. Also those with severe egg allergies can't get some. Other than that, there shouldn't be exceptions.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That's "motherfucking Ebola on the plane!"

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Chris Christie calls for "balance" in the vaccination "debate":

The morning after President Obama urged all parents to get their kids vaccinated against measles, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie broke with the president and said the government must “balance” public health interests with parental choice.

“Mary Pat and I have had our children vaccinated and we think that it’s an important part of being sure we protect their health and the public health,” Christie told reporters here Monday. But the likely Republican presidential candidate added: “I also understand that parents need to have some measure of choice in things as well, so that’s the balance that the government has to decide.”

Christie breaks with Obama over measles vaccine, calls for ‘balance’ - The Washington Post

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Well, not voting for him.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

8. YankeeFan

Was it an option previously?

I don't mind Christie's "tough talk" thing. If you're going to run a state, you should have some strong opinions, and be willing to push for your initiatives.

But, he's sort of a dick. And arrogant. And, not as smart as he thinks he is.

There's also no record of accomplishment. He's done well politically, getting himself elected, and as head of the RGA, but what other than getting elected, what does he run on? Is New Jersey better off since he was elected Governor?

9. Mr. Sunshine

No record of accomplishment is a good thing these days. The less you do, the less that can be held against you during an election.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Sorry, someone who thinks parents should have the "choice" to expose thousands and thousands of vulnerable citizens to deadly diseases for no reason is a dumbass.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Also, he's a carpetbagging Cowboys fan.

12. YankeeFan

Oh, sure.

I just don't care because I had no interest in voting for him before this. If anything, I'd prefer to see him flame out quickly.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted