1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vacation to D.C. via Hershey PA, any advice?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by roxraidersfan, Jul 9, 2010.

1. roxraidersfan

roxraidersfan Member

Headed from STL abode to D.C. next week with a stop in Hershey, PA, for the kids. Well aware of museums and landmarks. What I am interested in is South PA (Hershey-Harrisburg) and D.C. eats that are unique, kid friendly and relatively cheap.

Any ideas? Thanks.
  2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Re: Vacation to D.C. via Hersey PA, any advice?

Assume you're doing the chocolate tour and then Hershey Park. I'm not aware of any unique southern Pa stops, really. You'll find lots of chains as you make your way down 83 toward Baltimore. The best crabcake you'll ever eat though is found in a restaurant called G&M's, just south of Baltimore and right off 695 (the Baltimore beltway). It's not a fancy place inside, and not overly expensive. Think 15 bucks for a giant crabcake sandwich and fries. It's way way good, as others on here will attest.
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Co-sign on G&Ms.
  4. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

Ben's Chili Bowl.
  5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm onboard with Ben's.
  6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It's not cheap, but if you feel like spending a few extra bucks on a nice dinner, hit up The Majestic in Old Town Alexandria. Fantastic place.
Draft saved Draft deleted