1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vacation help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tripp McNeely, May 8, 2008.

1. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I'm going on a 4-day Royal Carribbean cruise next Friday. We leave from Port Canavaral in Orlando, go to the Bahamas, then Cocoa Cay (which is their private island) and back to port on Monday. Total cost was like $425/person, for an Ocean View stateroom, which from what I can tell gives us a window. This also includes gratuities and travel insurance. Does not include roundtrip transfers and airfare. The boat is the "Soverign of the Seas". We booked through a travel agent, however RC's website is pretty good.

There are 4 of us going to celebrate a 50th birthday, and I don't think that qualifies us as "old". We're going to go into the Bahamas on Sat, but just hang out by the pool on Sun on the boat. I'll be happy to report back.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Drive up Highway 101. Hike in Redwood NP.

Drive up Highway 395 and catch all the national parks, Sequoia, Yosemite, Tahoe (not a park, I know), Crater Lake, Death Valley. I did both this summer and had a blast.

Wine tour.

Draft saved Draft deleted