1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vac: " I was Wrong About Coughlin"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When the last play is run and the cleats are hung up for good what most players remember are the hard ass coaches who pushed them.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

A-FUCKING-men, d-3.

Everyone has gotten soft as Charmin.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'll take my cue on coughlin from his former players, thanks. and most of them get him. sure, it takes time. but it's just like the teachers you hated at the time who turned out to be the most you learned from. don't we all have those in our past?

i'm certainly not saying the guy's a charmer. but i do believe he gets the the most out of his players. crap even tiki barber, who so bad-mouthed coughlin when he retired, had his best seasons under coughlin.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's OK to do it once in a while, but if you do it more than once or twice a year, the readers will think you're just windsocking, and won't take anything you write seriously.

5. And what a manly man you are, too.

6. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Right. I said, if not overdone. (I rarely see that anywhere, anyhow.)

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Gotta break ranks on this one Fen....

Name me a successful NFL coach who isn't a jackass, at least by your definition?

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"Vince Lombardi was a jackass" / Fenian Bastard

9. Dungy.
    Holmgren.
    Turner.

Never said there weren't other jackasses, just that Coughlin's always been one and the fact that his team has managed to get to a Super Bowl this season doesn't change that. Even Belichick who, for all his own jackassery, never clocked interviews with a fucking egg timer on his desk.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Different strokes, Fen. Different strokes.

11. Yeah, and Coughlin's still a jackass.

12. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I'm a big Vacc fan, but that was not one of his better efforts.

Draft saved Draft deleted