1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

V Cast from Verizon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Dec 6, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

We just got an upgraded phone from Verizon Wireless for free (with two more years to our contract) and it has V Cast capability. It's also the first time I've had a phone with camera or video capability. During a call to Verizon just to find out how much using different features on this phone would cost, I managed to get a month of free V Cast.

I'm still not sure that it will be worth $10 a month after that, but I was curious to hear from people who have it. I can see that if you are constantly on the road and in airports that it would be great. I don't travel that much, though.

I know that you can see video clips, but what are some of the other good features to take advantage of with V Cast?

It looks like you can get on the Internet, but I haven't figured out an easy way to check Gmail. It looks like it's simple if you use Yahoo mail. I have an address, but I never use it.

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

V Cast is an excellent service. (Let me say before I continue that my fiancee works for Verizon Wireless -- full interest of disclosure and all that)

You can do the video, you can download music --- but each type of phone has different capabilities: I own the LG VX8300.
    There are some other things you can do, again, depending on the type of phone, that aren't specifically V Cast but that can be used unlimited for one price as opposed to getting charged for each application including, VZ Navigator, ESPN MVP (which you can only have IF you have V Cast), MyCast weather application, among a bunch of others.
    I think it's $10 or $15 per month, but for me, it's worth it because I use the MVP a ton and I also use the Navigator, especially when I'm traveling for work to places I'm unfamiliar with.
    It's very useful, IMHO.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I've got a CDM8954 "V Cast music phone."

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I have it, and I've never used it. I'll probably drop it from my plan next month.

Draft saved Draft deleted