1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UW-Whitewater coach bans student reporters from interviewing coaches, players

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Gutter, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

DrThunder-

Seeing as you're apparently young and new to the board, you should probably know that people have, in the past, gotten in deep shit, lost jobs and damaged reputations with unwise, off-the-cuff posts on this board. I think some people (you included, perhaps) forget that there are networks of people out there, and anything you write on the Internet has the real possibility of following you. In fact, when you'd prefer it not to, it's almost inevitable. Murphy's gotta have a law about that: "If there's a single person you wouldn't want to read it, don't type it on the Internetz," or something like that.

Just a few thoughts, Thunder, free of charge. Take it for what you will. It's been 7 hours, 34 minutes and counting since your post. Just quickly pointing that out as well. Best of luck to you. I mean that.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I notice you didn't deny having sex with the photographer. If the AD is right about that, what other accusations are accurate?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Re: UW-Whitewater coach bans student reporters from interviewing coaches, player

And is she hot?

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Provable? Demonstrable?

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

This thread just got really interesting. Thunder... please, for your sake and the sake of your budding career... DELETE THAT POST.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Re: UW-Whitewater coach bans student reporters from interviewing coaches, player

Mark Twain was quoted as saying "it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Perhaps you should have taken his advice, DrThunder.

7. Armchair_QB

In all seriousness, after reading Thunder's rant one has to wonder how objective he was in the way he wrote the piece that caused all the fuss to begin with.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

It could just be something in the water up there.

9. DrThunder

DrThunder New Member

Because it's a truly absurd accusation.

10. Armchair_QB

I thought that just made them fuck dead deer.

11. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

Dammit. I got to this thread late and missed all the excitement.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It is great advice, for everyone except journalists. In this line of work, you really don't have the option of keeping your mouth shut. Occasionally, yes, you will look like a fool.

Draft saved Draft deleted