1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UVA hires Tony Bennett

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Mar 30, 2009.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Shit, you'll be fine. I've heard Michael Jordan is looking to get into the league.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

It could work out well - it could also work out like Sendek at N.C. State - where the team wins enough but not really big and fans start complaining about the fact that all the other top teams in the ACC -- and teams like FSU and Clemson even -- have really great athletes and play a very entertaining style of basketball while UVA is stuck in the dark ages (real or perceived).

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Zag, that is part of the equation, but UVa, unlike NCSU, will not be busier looking over the fence as to what their neighbors in blue are doing. N.C. State's problem wasn't Herb Sendek's offensive style. It's that the fans are more worried about what Duke and Chapel Hill are doing instead of concentrating on themselves.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No I completely agree that Herb Sendek wasn't the problem -- and it is disgusting that winning - without style points -- isn't good enough for some fan bases -- I just hope that it is indeed good enough for UVA because I think Bennett will win there.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

ARE YOU SUGGESTING THE RETURN OF BUZZ PETERSON???????????????? HUZZAH!

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How long has Groh coached football at UVA? And before him?

In football, they change coaches about as quickly as they redo brick sidewalks.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Under this particular circumstance, it's not the right circumstance to talk about the circumstance of changing the football coaching at the University of Virginia. When that circumstance arises, I'll be sure to ... ah, suck my circumstance.

8. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Love this hire for Virginia.

He'll do well. Then he'll bail for an "elite" gig.

I don't think we'll have to worry about the Wahoos running him out.

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

And that Herb did not share in their anxiety about what was going on a few miles down the road.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

lol

I was looking at how long it takes them to pull the trigger on the football coach.

I think this guy is a perfect fit for UVA; a good solid coach who I think brings in the type of student/athlete the university should not have to worry about fighting dogs out in Keswick.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Bingo. He was focused on the job at hand, which is exactly what he should have done. Too bad the others wearing red polyester couldn't have the same focus and concern.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Holy shit, that was funny. I mean, they're both country and in Virginia, but that's about where the similarities end between Keswick and Surry.

Draft saved Draft deleted