1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UVA and the alleged frat rape - Rolling Stone backpedals

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 19, 2014.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not getting anything from Wenner Media either. They can just add themselves to a list of creditors. Jann Wenner himself has been selling off his equity. And the company is loaded up with debt. In a move I still scratch my head over, they sold 50 percent of US Weekly to Disney for $40 million, and 5 years later borrowed $300 million to buy back the stake. Wenner has been diligently paying down the debt (he has no choice, because the terms were stringent), but I believe the company is still about $60 million in the hole. I believe the terms of the debt are really aggressive in terms of payback, because the lenders saw the handwriting on the wall that the business is in a steady decline.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The judge is an Obama appointee. That's a pretty sticky wicket there for some.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Wherever PW2 is, I hope he's still following the developments.

doctorquant likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I was gonna say, what did I do?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Won't need a shitload, either.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I was told at the time this was nothing a few Taylor Swift and Bruce covers couldn't fix.

Draft saved Draft deleted