1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Utah Valley baseball team approaching Division I winning streak record

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, May 12, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Streak is up to 30 games after a win in the first game of a twin-bill against New York Institute of Technology this morning, with the Wolverines up 7-0 early on in the second game.

One more game tomorrow in New York, with Utah at home in a one-off game Tuesday that would take the streak to 33 games.

Who know if Utah Valley can get a tournament bid as its stuck in the Great West Conference.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I haven't seen them projected to make it.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The GWC must take in every orphan in Div. I ... and they'll still be stronger than the WAC in 2013-14.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This might be enough to get them an invitation from the Big East.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Wolverines lose to Utah, 11-10 on Tuesday night. Both teams scored three runs in the ninth.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Damn. Should've tried for another game vs NY Tech or maybe visited Hunter College or NYU before taking on the Utes,

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

ESPN was projecting Utah Valley as the last team in the tournament. Let's see if the Wolverines can win the Great West tournament at home.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/blog/_/name/ncaa_baseball/id/7928950/sec-earn-four-national-seeds-ncaa-baseball

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sounds stupid, and maybe it is, but losing to a shit Utah team probably cost UVU a bid. They had no margin for error.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted