1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Utah Jazz beat writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Michael_Anastasi, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I hope he does visit. We need someone to fill the "Dude Who Educates Us All On Law School" void.

(Sorry, Waylon, if you're out there. It was a pitch over the plate).

;D :D :-[ :-X :p 8)

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Here's the best, hardest job posted on this board in quite some time. And the incumbent is leaving to go to law school. What does that say about ALL newspaper jobs?
    I miss the business with all my heart. But five years out, I know the business I miss is dead and gone.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Doesn't seem like five years for you Mike but you're so right in your assessment.

4. silvercharm

silvercharm Member

Congrats to Brian Smith ... he's the winner.

5. Awesome hire! Brian did a tremendous job on the Blazers beat for Vancouver, continuing an impressive, fast start to his career. And no, I'm not Brian, but I've been his friend and mentor from the start of his career. He's the most coachable writer I've ever worked with, busts his ass and is passionate in his desire to improve and do the job right. If the Trib is impressed with him now, it will be ecstatic when it sees how he handles himself and his beat. Congrats to both Brian and the Trib!

And for those who are curious, the Columbian is planning to replace him with a full-time Blazers reporter. You should see the ad soon. Feel free to PM me if you're interested. It's a great job for a young reporter looking to impress the big boys, as Mr. Smith did.

Draft saved Draft deleted