1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Using Hotmail? Change your password.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Any online shopping I do, I use the hotmail account. Everything else is on Gmail, which rules.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why do you use hotmail for shopping? Is there some secret advantage I need to be aware of, cause I do a lot of online shopping?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I still have a hotmail account that I used for almost a decade. I've had to change the password three times. I cannot figure out how to cancel it.

Gmail is the best by far...

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I have Yahoo and Hotmail. I almost signed up for Gmail, but I had to leave the computer to yell at the kids to get off my lawn.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I just don't want my gmail address showing up on any shopping lists.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

Yeah. I still have a Yahoo! account, only because of fantasy football and other various leagues I'm in. That reminds me...I need to clean out my mailbox there. It's been a while.

7. JackReacher

Gotcha. That makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I'll get a Prodigy address as soon as the telegraph has run its course. Hey, Dennis 'Beeper King / Subway Hero" Duffy said it best: "Technology is cyclical."

- .- -.- . / - .... .- - / .-.. --- --- ... . .-. ...

http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html

9. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

I guess everyone is insisting Gmail is better than hotmail. I've never found anything to be wrong with hotmail, though, so I've kept the same e-mail address I've had since 1996. I really have no plans to change that even if someone else has my password. What are they going to do? Write nasty e-mails to my friends? Are they going to see how much my electric bill is? There's really nothing for anyone to gain.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Gmail users got hit with the same scam. Don't feel so high and mighty now do you, googlers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8292928.stm

Actually I think I got an email in my yahoo account that might have been part of the scam. It appeared to come from yahoo and asked for login and password info to verify the address or the address would be lost. Obviously I didn't fill it out but I can see why it would get some people (especially Yahoo Mail users, who were all born before 1925). One of the things that was definitely off about the email, though, was it said Yahoo customer service except customer was spelled costomer. Unless Yahoo has also laid off too many copy editors.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I really just like the chat feature and the way e-mails show up as one continuous thread, especially since I'm on a ListServ.

12. JackReacher

Bingo. Gchat is sweet. Keeps me busy at work. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted