1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

using an iPad

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by buckster, Feb 5, 2011.

1. buckster

buckster New Member

Is anyone using an iPad to keep stats at basketball/baseball games? If you are, what are the best apps?

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I've been using iScore for hoops. Takes some getting used to, and it's pretty imperative that you have the rosters in there before you get to the gym, but it's pretty great. One of the assistant coaches here uses HoopStats, and he likes it a lot.

iScore makes a baseball one, too, but I haven't used it yet. There's a free app called GameChanger Baseball that looks pretty decent. I'm going to try that before I spring for iScore.

3. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

I've been toying with the notion of getting one to use for writing gamers from inconvenient places (sidelines, photo holes, etc.) ... anyone have success in doing this?

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Better get a bluetooth keyboard. The iPad isn't really conducive to typing on deadline without one.

5. Dornbrook

Dornbrook New Member

Better get a bluetooth keyboard. The iPad isn't really conducive to typing on deadline without one.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

...That was awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted