1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jan 12, 2007.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I remember my dad taking me to an exhibition game in Charlotte. All I can remember was that the LA Express was there, but I can't remember the opponent — and that two guys were behind me getting increasingly drunk and spilling beer everywhere. Dad took me for a walk around the stadium sometime in the third quarter to get away from them. Mom was mad at him for "bringing me home smelling like a brewery."

Charlotte was vying for a franchise and plans were to turn 23,000 seat Memorial Stadium into a 50,000 seat dome. Thank goodness neither came about.

Thanks for jogging my memory. I'll have to call him to see if he remembers. :D

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I thought that was one of the greatest football team names ever when they were created.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The guy I knew coached for Pardee with the Gamblers and later at the University of Houston and the Oilers. He may have been talking about a return guy on another team but I thought it was one of their guys. But it was $2,500 for every fair catch.

4. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

The Chicago Bruisers have to be up there too

Draft saved Draft deleted