1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Used car question...1984 Buck Regal with about 90,000 miles

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Oh man, I completely forgot about the log...hehe.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Somehow, I would doubt the log was endorsed by Csaba Csere.

Why do I get the feeling that Wal-Mart just didn't have the replacement parts needed, prompting the first rants? :D

JR, I tend to agree. If it can be had for the right price, fine. But stop far, far short of overpaying.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh, yeeee-ahhh ...

[​IMG]

Two-tone front end optional ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

I have a soft spot for two-door 1980s rear-wheel drive cars like the Regal, Mercury Cougar, Chevy Monte Carlo, Olds Cutlass, etc. They were some of the more inspired American cars of an otherwise miserable era.

But $2,500? Hell no, especially with gas prices so high.

Of course, if it looks like this, $2,500 might be a bargain:
    http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/images/84skoal.jpg

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Buck Regal, pleased to me you ...

[​IMG]

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The log was the shit.

My sister, the only Bubbler sibling not to post here, borrowed my car shortly after she got her license and hit a pole at a mall.

My solution? Take it to a body shop? Fuck that, it costs money. Grab a log from our woodpile and wedge it between the frame of the car and the stricken headlight.

That thing stayed in there for well over a year. Of course one false move and I could have killed myself, but I got mad driving skillz had extremely good luck. I don't know when it fell out, but it definitely fell out while driving.

Z-Man was also with me with my radiator blew out of all its contents on to my face in a different vehicle. Fortunately, my head gasket was shot, and the fluids never reached the engine, so I got the scariest cold Prestone dousing in recorded history. Z-Man thought I was fucked. Shit, I thought I was fucked.

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Dude, not a chance. That's waaaaaaaaay too much. It's likely been sitting around and all the rubber is gonna be out of whack.... hoses, crap like that. The first time something goes, and it will, you'll be out another five hundred, easy.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

If I didn't know for a fact that my hometown neighbor--the mother of my childhood best friend--got rid of her 1984 Buick a couple years ago with about 20,000 miles on it, I'd swear you were getting her car. She nursed this puppy for 20 years just driving around town. When she got rid of it, it STILL had the BUICK: OFFICIAL CAR OF THE 1984 OLYMPICS sticker on it. I always got a kick out of going to her house during visits home and seeing that sticker.

She got rid of it b/c it was rusting out and all that. and she NEVER drove it. So...yeah. stay away. Far away. You will find something better--and newer--for $1500.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

About 15 years ago, I bought (as a second car), a 1982 Chrysler Cordoba.

Black with half vinyl roof, fake wire rims.

My (then) four year old dubbed it "Black Beauty" the moment I drove it into the driveway.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Good one forever town.
    As of last week the exchange rate is the same, which is dissapointing if you are south of the border.

11. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Was the previous owner Jon Voight?

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm driving a 1990 Lexus.

Bought it in 2003 with 120,000 miles on it.

Don't know how many miles it has on it now. Odometer stopped working at 210,514. Probably about 220,000+.

Replaced two batteries and an alternator and tire rods. Otherwise, a very good ride.

Draft saved Draft deleted