1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USC slammed by NCAA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Good! Pete Carroll got out at the right time and now dumbass Lane Kiffin gets to reap the rewards.

What's that? "No, Lane, Tennessee won't take you back and neither will Al Davis and the Raiders."

Will be nice to see some parity is the ole Pac-10.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Villanova had a Final Four appearance vacated in the early 70s due to an ineligible player.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Didn't Syracuse lose a LAX title?

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

There have been a few Final Four appearances vacated. A couple of national title game appearances as well.

But an actual title? I wonder sometimes in 2007-08 Memphis men's basketball feels the hammer if they had actually won the title.

5. Crash

Crash Active Member

In 1971, both Villanova and Western Kentucky had to vacate Final Fours. St. Joe's was the first to do it in 1961.

UCLA ('80), Memphis ('85, '08), Michigan ('92, '93), UMass ('96), Minnesota ('97) and Ohio State ('99) are the only other schools to have vacated Final Fours.

Man, the Big Ten was running a nice, clean outfit there in the '90s, wasn't it?

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Take scholarships and television money.

Vince Young said he would not accept the Heisman if it was stripped from Bush.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You need to read the book called "The 100 Yard Lie"

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

As an ND fan, I could not care less about USC losing titles or forfeiting games or anything like that, but I do enjoy them being exposed. I actually like Pete Carroll to a degree, but that program was dirty.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

all programs are dirty.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Presser set for 11 a.m. PDT noon PDT:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/06/usc-football-lane-kiffin-ncaa-sanctions-reggie-bush-oj-mayo-pete-carroll.html

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

UCLA had to give up a softball title in the mid-1990s.

I don't like the vacating of titles either. Will players and coaches have to give back their championship rings? Will Pete Carroll have to give up the bonus money he undoubtedly earned for winning the titles?

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So Cal, Arizona and Oregon State have one, maybe two years to get to a Rose Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted