1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USC slammed by NCAA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jun 10, 2010.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

If it's D_B, my apologies.

Lots of people have reported -- and have been wrong -- about impending sanctions against USC, but a source I trust -- the L.A. Times -- says the Trojans will get a two-year bowl ban and lose -- gulp -- 20 scholarships.

Fight On!

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

YAW YAW YAW YAW YAAAAAAW YAW YAAWWWW YAAAAAW YAAAW, CAREER SUICIDE!

3. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

and Lane left Tennessee for that?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. MileHigh

Asked if the sanctions were appropriate, a source said, "It depends how you look at it. It is if you're a UCLA fan."

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

6. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

also... if USC forfeits their 2004 BCS title (the Orange Bowl win over OU)...... who gets the title?

The OU team that got shellacked or the 13-0 Auburn team?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cheat on, for ol' SC....

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The ESPN scroll is saying the committee could strip them of the 2004 national title. If that were to happen, who goes into the record books as the national champion? The OU team the Trojans beat by a gazillion points?

EDIT: Sportshack beat me to it. Still very, very curious.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If they handle it the way the NCAA handles it in basketball and other sports no one gets the title. It will be listed as "Vacated".

10. MileHigh

What's the jurisdiction for the NCAA to strip the "national title"? The NCAA does not sanction Division I-A football championships.

11. Armchair_QB

The NCAA wouldn't strip it. The Collegiate Commissioners Association - which runs the BCS - would.

12. Armchair_QB

And I don't think the Heisman Trust should take Bush's award from him if he's declared retroactively ineligible.

Draft saved Draft deleted