1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USC-Notre Dame running

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Second Thoughts, Nov 25, 2006.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Tough call. Michigan routed ND, too. So, I guess if you consider Michigan's win and USC's win over ND cancel each other out (because they were both routs over a fake No. 6 or No. 5, depending on poll and time of schedule), nothing should change.

The other problem is this: On the East Coast, we (I) don't see USC often enough, so tonight they look like gods, but that's because they're playing this overrated ND team.

PS - Jarrett is lookin' good, again.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bob Davie talking like he thinks he really was a good coach.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

So does Edge James. I mean, can you imagine the kids her and Hawkman are going to have? Talk about your shallow end of the gene pool. . .. Well, at least Unka Bwady can give them some makeup tips.

4. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that the AP national title is in the hands of voters who make their decisions before the fourth quarter has even started.

That said, I don't think there is any doubt that Michigan and Ohio State are the two best teams in the country. Still, if USC does indeed win, I think they deserve a shot.

Michigan had its shot. Let USC play Ohio State, and then we can have a nice debate on who the second-best team in the country is.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

LOL. Bwady like?

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Wrong.

Did the BoSox have their shot against the Yankees in the regular season?

Are the Bears getting their shot this Sunday when they play the Patriots?

The regular season is the regular season. The post-season is the post-season.

The BCS was/is designed to pit the two best teams in the country against each other in the National Championship Game at neutral site in January.

If the two best teams are Michigan and Ohio St. (as even you said), so be it. They play.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Blah, blah, blah.

Michigan failed to win its conference. Too bad.

Musidiot line so far:

"To many people, this might look like a blowout, but Notre Dame is only two touchdowns behind." We get it. You want ND to win. And you're a bad announcer.

Please stop reminding us of these facts.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Piotr,

That's why I'm watching with the mute on.

"You are looking live . . . at an ass - beating."

9. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

And the Detroit Tigers failed to win their division, but still made the playoffs. What's your point?

The NFL has wild cards, too. I don't see why college football constantly changes on the fly. By that I mean one minute players, coaches, writers and fans want to the two best teams in the final. Then, when the two best teams are in the same conference, everyone wants someone else to "get a shot." It's ridiculous.

10. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Does Major League Baseball have a playoff system? Yes.

Does the NFL have a playoff system? Yes.

I don't think there's anything wrong with voting OSU No. 1 and Michigan No. 2, and I don't think there should be an outcry if they end up playing again in the title game.

But I also don't think there should be an outcry if USC leaps Michigan. Michigan has already proven it isn't as good as Ohio State. USC hasn't. I'd rather see USC play Ohio State and know for sure.

EDIT: When you boil it down, we are all right. Based on its regular season performance, Michigan deserves a shot to play for the championship. Based on its regular season performance, USC deserves a shot to play for the title.

The system's fucked. But it's still fun to argue within the context of the system. Besides, this isn't about winning a losing. This is about student-athletes bringing recognition to their universities.

11. Sly

Sly Active Member

That was just awesome. You beat me to posting it.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Boy, I bet all those ND trustees are feeling damn good about giving that fat kid in the grey sweatshirt the 10 year extension now. Chaz, keep wearing those rings you got from Bill "you're married? So what" Belichick; you won't be getting any more anytime soon. Oh, and cut the ho - ho IV, too. Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted