1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USC No. 1, Irish unranked

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Jan 10, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Mid majors successful in one season in sports like basketball and football tend to disappear or drop significantly for the next. Only exception has been Gonzaga, which took several seasons to prove it isn't a fluke.
    If the Smurf-turfers keep doing 12-0, 11-1 and keep winning the non-coference game from the power conferences, they'll work their way up the food chain in each season.

Oh. And fuck ND...

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I hope it ends up being just that ... well ... unless my school actually does something next year.

If nothing else, ruining Swofford's grand vision is worth a heartwarming moment or four. Scumbag.

And SC ... Wake Forest was also loaded with seniors last year. Hey, little would please me more than to see both thrive in '07, but just sayin'.

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Not to mention, reaching the ACC title game would be old hat for the Deacs.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's the first poll Alabama's been mentioned around since Price left town.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I believe DyePack manipulates his own opinion on a daily basis, actually.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I can't believe Buffalo got left out.

7. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Is that what he's nicknamed it?

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Was Alabama supposed to be good when Price got there or were people expecting him to do big things with lesser talent?

9. standman

standman Member

These are always fun reads but it's more relevant once we know who is coming out for the draft.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Clearly one man's opinion. Not dogging Schlabach (I like him), but if Notre Dame is unranked in the preseason poll I'll eat my keyboard. The media overcooking of ND and Charlie Weis is never-ending, even with the BCS beatdown by LSU.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

They would've been OK, I guess. No records or titles were in jeopardy.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T FORGET TEMPLE.

Oh, and Rutgers should be higher.

Draft saved Draft deleted