1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USC No. 1, Irish unranked

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=2725188

So much for Boise State getting love next season because of this season. Schlabach ranks BSU at No. 23.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Palm blisterers of the SE cry foul.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

How in the hell do you Wake Forst ahead of BSU.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Hey, look. DyePack talking about beating off again. What's it been, Dye? 30 or 40 minutes since the last one?

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Interesting to me is that not only are Notre Dame not ranked, but neither are Miami or Florida State. Does that mean the annual game is on ESPNU next year?

7. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

The Gamecocks not ranked? Four of USC's five losses were by seven points or less, and they have a top-10 recruiting class coming in. All five losses were to teams ranked in the top 25 at the end of the year. This poll is bogus!!!

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

We can't "manipulate" one guy's opinion.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You could pretend that the USC that is No. 1 is actually the Gamecocks and not the Trojans.

10. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Trust me, I've been doing that for years. Never quite as satisfying, but then again, I have nothing to compare it against.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I'm sure John Swofford sees that the only ACC teams on this list are Virginia Tech and Wake Forest and just prays that this isn't the matchup in the ACC title game. The Hokies will bring a lot of fans, but not the Deacs.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Who the hell cares what ONE GUY thinks? It's just his opinion on what the rankings should look like....right?

Draft saved Draft deleted