1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USC kicker found dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ellis Redding, Jan 6, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

No information "per se" indicating foul play ... WTF?

2. KP

KP Active Member

AP story is also lacking a quote about it not appearing to be suicide.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Heyyyyy, c'mon! It's a BLOG! You can be a little less formal! Throw some ideas around! It doesn't really count!

yeah.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Uh, folks, did you see the source of the blog? It's one of the L.A. Daily News blogs.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I hear you, Mert. Blogs are less formal, I write about shit in my blog I'd never dream of writing in the newspaper, but you still have to adhere to journalistic standards with them.

6. lono

lono Active Member

Second graf: "It was fairly apparent that this was either an accident or suicide," said Lt. Paul Vernon.

WTF are you talking about?

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Earlier today, all the articles said "police have ruled out suicide".

This is a new quote.

8. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Why wasn't the "apparent suicide" line put in Wolf's story that appeared in print but was OK to run on his blog on the Daily News' website. Irresponsible.

9. lono

lono Active Member

Thanks for the clarification.

10. KP

KP Active Member

GB's initial link was for a story posted on ESPN at 12:25ish.
    The new update went up at 2:49.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I have family near the area where this happened and have been down by the lighthouse many times, and there are a lot of signs that say to be careful, it's easy to slip and fall. It's happened there before.

12. Why was Danelo there in the first place?

If the police ruled he was there on his own, by himself, then they are left with two results - accident or suicide. Since there were no eye witnesses or suicide note, they couldn't possibly rule either way.

I just hope the LA media just lets this sad story end without causing anymore grief for the Danelo family.

Draft saved Draft deleted