1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USC bans LA Daily News reporter for 2 weeks for reporting an injury

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 12, 2012.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

So, I direct this at Moddy because I/we know he makes the big bucks and sits in the big boy chair. Say this doesn't get cleared up in two weeks and you're the SE at the Times. Do you not cover the game? Do you do something else? Nothing?

Also, yes the Daily News is third in that market, but Wolf writes for all of LANG papers, from South Bay to the Inland Empire. So there's a broader audience there than just the Valley -- and Wolf has a very good reputation on that beat.

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

All true.

But it's a distant third. Just can't see this becoming a real firestorm. Even if it was the Times, there is no reason for anyone to care other than media members. And even then, only people from so-called traditional media.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If fans don't care, then all newspapers should shut down their sports sections and dismiss all their sports employees. Come on. Cynicism is one of the best ways to be a complete sucker there is.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe he fell off a cliff.
    Too soon?

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Do it for as long as Wolf is banned from the beat. In two weeks, voters can return them to the top of the polls if they like.
    Like I said, it's a symbolic gesture. It's also one that would be widely noticed and explained, hopefully exposing Kiffin's idiocy to the world.

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Thank goodness, everyone can put the torches down.

Scott Wolf (@InsideUSC) tweets:

"I am happy to say my football practice ban was lifted after talks with Pat Haden and area sports editors. Practice policy talks continue

I want to thank everyone (journalists, fans friends) for their messages of support today"

Whew. The Republic will survive!

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Lane, why did you think you could ban a member of the media?"

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And I was all ready to take the Trojans out of my SportsJournalists.com ballot.

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

We all remember, don't we, the night Kiffin left Tennessee and how that turned into a media goat rope? The only good thing about Kiffin is his wife.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

He woulda had to change his twitter handle to @OutsideUSC. Still, Kiffin stays on my shit list. Nevermind that he was already on it before all this.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Lane, who was that man with your wife at the mall today?" :D

12. I'm sure most members of the media would wuss out from a boycott. They don't want to miss their scoop of who the third-string center will be.

Draft saved Draft deleted