1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USAir Eliminates In-Flight Video on Domestic Flights

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Jul 10, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I just can't take much reading material on a flight. I have to put it in my computer bag, and with the bag and the assorted cords, there's just not that much room.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

AirTran had free XM satellite radio on my last flight. Far better than a movie on Mohaw/Allegheny/USAir/USAirways.

And I can't blame the airline for the weather-related delays both coming and going.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

This is simply more motivation to join the mile-high club.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey, I never said the iPod should replace reading materials (IPODS!!!!). But if you're flying 10-12 hours, I imagine at some point you'd like to lean back and watch something. Or, if you're like me and a nervous fuckin flyer even on far shorter flights, you like to throw on the iPod, close your eyes and hope to catch some zzzzzzzzzzs to pass the time.

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

I can't see them eliminating these for overseas flights, because the thought of an 11-hour flight without a movie (even if it's a crappy movie) is daunting.

The wife & I brought the travel Scrabble game on our last overseas to entertain ourselves, in addition to books, but we still caught one or two of the movies.

Draft saved Draft deleted