1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USAir Eliminates In-Flight Video on Domestic Flights

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Jul 10, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Get rid of it all. Get rid of the videos, and the two peanuts wrapped in foil, and the dribble of warm Coke in the chemical ice. Get rid of the moldy pillows and skanky blankets that some baby threw up on or some freak jizzed in. Get rid of the crabby flight attendants and the crummy headset music and the inflight magazines. Get rid of it all.

Just put the people in the fucking seats for which they paid exhorbitant prices, take off when you promised, and get to where you're going on time. That's it. Just do that, and we'll all be thrilled.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I flew from Seattle to Atlanta non-stop and didn't get a movie.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I like the cut of your jib.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

you leave Terry Haute out of this.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Ten hours trapped on the runway, shoulder to shoulder with Shanna Richards in a tank top...the man is only human!

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

[​IMG]

7. KP

KP Active Member

We'll even do backflips if our bags are on the same plane.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Do what Bubbler does when the flight gets a little dull: Head to the bathroom, lock the door and "tag your own luggage"...

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Awesome.

Jesus people, we're supposed to be the smart ones. What ever happened to:

[​IMG]

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm very intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Out of the last four flights I was on that had movies, three times the movie was Blades of Glory. I have no problem with losing the lame movies. I have my laptop and my book. I also like to look out the window every now and again and if you raise the shade during the movie, the FA yells at you like you just tried to light your shoe.

I'm with 21. Just get me and my luggage to the same airport at the same time, on time, and I'm a happy guy.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Don't care. I pile up reading material for weeks before a long flight -- books, months of Esquires, old Sunday NYT magazines, etc.

Of course, I still spend an hour or so on the in-flight magazines with the crosswords and other puzzles. The day those get squeezed out is when I'll go ballistic.

Draft saved Draft deleted