1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USA Voice, multiple openings in all sections.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hockeybeat, Jun 19, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

A friend of mine e-mailed this to me, and I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about the operation. Judging from the ad, punctuation doesn't seem to be very important...

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh Good Lord.

First of all, "the power of the Internet" is usually code for "we're not paying you shit."

The phrase "highly competitive compensation package including top benefits package" is usually confirmation of the above. That's the beauty of the phrasing. If you're a hungry writer with no outlet, "stock options" and "don't cough, don't tell" can be construed as "highly competitive compensation package including top beneifts package."

And let me get this straight: USA Voice is going to be the WORLD'S largest news organization?

The first thing they need, BTW, is a fucking editor for this ad.

3. Pops

Pops Member

I have sarcastic remarks in the following categories High School Education Required 'Profit' Sharing What Does A Gossip Reporter Do For A Worldwide News Service And What The F Is 'Top Benefits Package?'

Honestly Hockey, did your friend get this sandwiched between e-mails about investment opportunities and male member enlargement?

More power to anyone who sends these guys a resume -- after all, that alone will be enough for their Editor to contact you for an interview. Just use your innate (and apparently redundant) ability to tell the truth to ace your interview, and you should be exposing yourself to the world in no time.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This was posted on the journalism board... anybody know anything concrete about this?

5. lono

lono Active Member

http://www.usavoice-news.com/

http://www.usavoice.org/

Be afraid, be very afraid.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

yeah I saw that too. Wondered who's bankrolling this ...

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

So who do I send my 500-word story on my nephew's youth baseball team to? And they'd better not change a word.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I know of a paper on that 96 corridor that would let you do just that...

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't have an innate ability to find the truth. It's more of a learned response. Dammit.

Draft saved Draft deleted