1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USA Today's Chris Chase: Post-game interviews worthless

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by gannettblog, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

I believe the hatred stems from his incompetence. Factual errors, spelling errors, grammatical errors, more factual errors, and a lack of comprehension on the subjects he reported upon. A hefty share of the comments below his submissions were corrections and people laughing at him. The hatred came across more in the vein of "How does this guy get paid to write sports?" He makes BR look good.
    You have to remember these fans look at sports journalists as getting paid big bucks to have fun. The Yahoo! name, being one of the biggest websites, only enhances that thought to those who don't know better. They don't see him as just another blogger.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's the first time an in-game interview delivered. Actually, the one with Barkley was funny, too, when Chuck asked one more than the allotted two questions.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I remember some of those now, but I need to start watching more Spurs games on TNT.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Am I being Punk'd or something?

Draft saved Draft deleted