1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USA Today preseason Top 25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Aug 3, 2007.

1. prhack

prhack Member

Well, it is Year III of the Ron Zook era. In his third year in Gainesville, the Gators improved from 8-5 to ... 7-5.

Forget I said anything :)

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

wouldn'ta been Memorial Day -- they don't play games in May ... Otherwise, though, you're right about the new lights, although the actual first night game at Sanford was [danmagill]way back in 1940 when Kentucky came calling on October 26. The Bulldogs and the Wildcats played to a 7-7 tie ...[/magill]

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I was at that Clemson game in 1982, sitting in club level right next to the Dooley family box. An exciting night -- I was 10 -- and a great game.

4. prhack

prhack Member

D'oh!

5. prhack

prhack Member

I'm sure it was. That was a great rivalry in its day. Remember watching part of the '82 game on TV (at least until my dad made me go to bed). I've seen UGA play Clemson twice in Athens and made my one and only trip to Death Valley back in 2003. Great experience ... except for the noon kickoff in freakin' August (thanks ABC).

Draft saved Draft deleted