1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USA Today preseason Top 25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I know LSU was brought up earlier, but it's hard to believe the Tigers lose before the SEC Championship game when the road games consist of Tulane, Kentucky, Alabama (Welcome Back, Saban), and Mississippi.

Edit: I forgot about Mississippi State, but the point still stands.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Boise State has played six road/neutral site games against BCS-conference teams since 2002, inclusive.

Its record in those games is 1-5.

0-1 at Georgia, 0-1 at Arkansas, 0-2 at Oregon State, 0-1 vs. Louisviille at the Liberty Bowl, 1-0 vs.Oklahoma at the Fiesta Bowl.

Very good program, especially at home, that has feasted in a weaker league.

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

...and that 0-1 against georgia was an absolute humiliation.

4. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Are we talking about the '05 game? Still? Was Herschel playing in that game, too?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Penn State-Miami in the 1987 Fiesta Bowl will always be the reason I would argue that a team that finishes any collegiate regular season unbeaten probably ought to get the chance to play for the national title.

All I know is, I can't wait to see LSU lose to see how much whining comes from the Bayou. Les Miles has already created a built-in excuse should LSU not play for the title with his bashing on USC and the Pac-10.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

When did he bash the Pac-10 and USC? Link?

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Here you go, Angola. It's funny to see a coach be so candid about this, but like I said, he's already given LSU an excuse not to play for the national title. And the boosters will agree with him all the way.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/07/06/miles.usc/index.html

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That article was awesome. I love it when folks say the Pac-10 is weak. God, I hope they meet and USC beats them 59-7.

9. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I'm a transplant down here on the Bayou - thus my opinion of the Tigers chances with that schedule - yet I remain unaware of Les Miles' coaching shortcomings.
    Could I get a quick debreifing on this matter?

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

The general theory, as far as I can tell, is that his team doesn't perform up to its talent level.

11. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

ah yes. move along, nothing to see here.

please name one BCS-caliber school the blue fairies have beaten on the road.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The "Blue Fairies?" STFU, you SEC fanboy looser. And fetch us all a fucking beer.

Draft saved Draft deleted