1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USA Today poll: Favorite NFL announcers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Oct 29, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

From, obviously, USA Today....

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/mccarthy/2010-10-28-brett-favre-brad-childress-best-nfl-announcers_N.htm

Here's how I voted:

Best NFL game analyst: Collinsworth
    Best PBP: Al Michaels
    Best game crew: NBC
    Best pregame show: NFL Gameday Morning
    Best pregame host: Rich Eisen
    Best insider: Jay Glazer (Mizzou's boy, Florio, is currently leading. Wow.)
    Best sideline reporter: Andrea Kremer
    Best studio show: Inside the NFL

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Collinsworth was so bad on Sunday night that I can't vote for him.

I would agree with Glazer as the best insider. It's unfair to put Florio with them, because as much as I like and respect the guy, he's not accountable to the same people as Glazer and Schefter.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Best NFL game analyst: Collinsworth
    Best PBP: Al Michaels
    Best game crew: NBC
    Best pregame show: Football Night in America (don't have NFL Network to compare)
    Best pregame host: James Brown
    Best insider: Jay Glazer
    Best sideline reporter: Suzy Kolber
    Best studio show: NFL Live

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I heard he was pretty awful (and actually the whole crew for not knowing why Cullen Jenkins wasn't in the game), but I was in the stands so I only caught that second-hand.

5. JackReacher

I always used to go back and forth with the different pregame shows, but I started watching the NFLN show this season. I dig it.

6. Mizzougrad96

I think Eisen does a tremendous job.

7. Despite my football loyalty, I always found Collinsworth to be very insightful and down to earth, something that Madden used to be. So I will go with him as the best color man in the biz. I don't have the problem with Michaels that others do, and while this may out me . . . I like listening to Gus Johnson when he doesn't cover the Steelers game. If nothing else, it makes it fun to listen to.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

There was a game between the Jets and Dolphins, I believe, in '82 maybe. The announce team was perfect.

9. JackReacher

Don Criqui will kick all their asses.

10. Mizzougrad96

If we're talking analysts, I'll go with Jaws. Collinsworth is very good, but he just about caused my head to explode Sunday night.

11. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I think it's interesting that the media perceptions are so different from those of the general fan.

And by interesting, I mean downright terrifying.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Florio as an "Insider" is a fucking joke. He links to other writers. He has created a great compilation of NFL News but his being an "insider" is bullshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted