1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USA Today on this sorry business

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pringle, Mar 12, 2007.

1. I'm definitely thinking of the morning shows. That radio programming, at least in my area, is straight jacked from our section front.

Once you hit noon, I agree with Luggie that all bets are off. It's old news.

Then we get to blog-jackin.

Look, I was talking to my homeboy at the local affiliate yesterday. He was wearing one of their new, goofy ball caps with their "Friday Night Football" logo. I ask, facetiously, if I can have one. To my surprise, dude goes out to his car and snags one. Brings it in. I'm so happy to have one of these hats now! I ask what I can get him in return.

"Don't get mad when I lift your stories," he said.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Attribution is a must for me. If it's a really explosive story that a newspaper broke, sometimes I even throw in the name of the writer.

But I would think you print peeps would want people talking up your stories, as long as it's attributed.

Oh, and the reason newspapers never attribute to TV stations? In the snail's time they publish, they have time to confirm it themselves. But you do see the AP wire attribute to TV stations all the time, particularly on news side.

Draft saved Draft deleted