1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USA Today Fantasy Writing gig

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by NQLBLQ, Oct 20, 2008.

1. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

From careerbuilder.com

USA TODAY seeks a person who can present fantasy insights on multiple platforms. Responsibilities include writing weekly columns for Sports Weekly and USA TODAY, editing and posting content for USA TODAY.com, serving as the primary writer on Sports Weekly's special fantasy publications, participating in a one-hour weekly radio show, writing radio scripts, hosting interactive chats with readers in both text and video, and working with the Fantasy Sports Editor to develop overall strategy and vet potential business partners. In addition, all members of the Fantasy Sports desk will contribute to and maintain all areas of fantasy coverage. A bachelor's degree and three years of writing experience in a competitive newsroom environment are required. Candidate must display a deep knowledge of the fantasy sports industry. Sunday-Thursday work schedule.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=ILKV&ff=21&APath=2.21.21.0.0&job_did=J3H1785WVKG6Y4B4YKW

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Dear Penthouse letters USA Today,

I always thought your fantasy letters were made up, until this happened to me ...

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This is the job spnited should apply for.

4. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

ya beat me to it, HH

5. Napolean23

Napolean23 Member

Anyone have any info on this gig?

Sounds like a dream job, but I'm always cautious about these...They sound like they'll make you a columnist, but you end up inputting Marvin Harrison's stats into agate...Is this legit?

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about "citizen journalism."

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If they let me be a columnist, host a radio show and web chats, I would offer to put in the agate too just to show my appreciation.

8. I know a thing or two about this. Anyone interested, feel free to PM me.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Bumping this back to the top, if only because Career Builder and Gannett both re-posted this for some reason. Better get my resume there pronto.

On a side note: 2,000 posts! (Bells, whistles, rotten vegetables)

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You would think Gannett could find someone qualified enough from the pool of 3,000 people they plan to lay off.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They also reposted the NBA editor opening for like the 10th time.

12. danhawks

danhawks Member

likely these are frozen or will be left unfilled.

Draft saved Draft deleted