1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USA Today College Football Coaches' Poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Aug 1, 2008.

1. times38

times38 Member

I'm curious which four or five of the SEC teams you think they'd beat. Zook couldn't beat these teams when he had more talented teams at Florida. What makes you think he could do it now?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And still find a way to lose three games in the Big 10...

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I'll be right behind you [pennstfanboi]

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I wouldn't drink that orange kool-aid just yet. Is there talent? Sure. But Juice Williams is vastly overrated. That option isn't going to be effective without Mendenhall back there. Illinois will go to a bowl game, because it plays in the Big 11. But it won't beat Missouri... and wouldn't beat Texas or Oklahoma.

5. Zook sucked.
    I'd take the Illini over SC, Tenn. Ala., Georgia and LSU if it's at Illinois.

6. times38

times38 Member

OK I'm through here.

7. Now who's drinking th Mizzou flavored Kool-Aid?

Look, I'm not completely sold that Illinois is legit, but I believe they are better than Mizzou and Texas.
    Texas (IMO) is one the most underachieving programs in the history of college football.
    As much as the Big Ten is the Big 2 and the little 8, not so much this year, the Big 12 is little more -traditionally (in the last five years or so) Oklahoma and those 11 or so other teams.

God I love college football!!

8. You can't be sold on Georgia?
    The Bulldogs are the Sergio Garcia of college football.

9. joe

joe Active Member

The great thing is, we'll get to find out a month from now.

No way the Illini can even contain Jeremy Maclin, and if they try, Daniel will pick them apart. And the Mizzou defense is better than Illinois'.

Mizzou by 12.

10. I'll take that bet.
    Loser has to sport Avatar of the winner's choosing for a month?

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd take the bet, Mizzou winning, straight up. My avatar real estate is too valuable to me to mess with a point spread. And I'd commit to a week. I'd take Mizzou and readily take the bet on any game this season. Except maybe Texas, that one's a bit scary.

12. Straight up? No way.
    Joe says 12. I'll take it if he'll give it.

Draft saved Draft deleted