1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Sportspages now has a forum

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Sep 24, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You just noticed?

2. Gold

Gold Active Member

"He shoots..he scores!"

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I looked at it the day someone started this thread--a few days ago. I respect Moddy, but I don't entirely agree. I didn't register there or get involved. But I still found it funny. It's a public message board on a website. Let's not overstate the "you're an asshole" thing. The site owners can moderate it. If not, don't open up a message board to the public. If they moderate it and start deleting the nonsense and people keep at it anyhow and terrorize them, then you are dealing with assholes. But I am sure it was meant in fun. The half dozen people who had signed up there with names from here when I looked a few days ago were just goofing around and what I saw was pretty funny. To me it is one of those things that is funny when someone has the original idea (and that person isn't an asshole, in my opinion), but gets old when a million other people jump on it and make it unfunny. Just my .02.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Fair enough.
    I think it is a big-league dick move. It isn't just fucking up their board, it's fucking with people here needlessly. Screams asshole to me.
    Doesn't mean I don't love you.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I registered imjustagirl because someone had already registered IJAG. Hopefully it was poindexter.

I haven't been over there since.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Amen!

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I was in junior high dickhead!

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

No, sorry it wasn't me. Just one of these mindless message boards is enough for me.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I registered. It's an ... interesting ... place.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Some of language on this board, especially on this thread, remind me of junior high school. I'll throw an "f-ing" into a post now and then, so unfortunately I sink to that level now and then as well. But I've never understood why people feel that they need to curse to make a point. Cursing doesn't make your message stronger, it diminishes it.

Having said that ... when the computer screws up at work, I'll spew out big-time expletives.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Like I give a flying fuck what you think, asshole.

:D

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted