1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Senate still up for grabs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tommyp, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and how does that make you feel DB?

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Actually, Dixie, I don't even give it a decade. Nancy may mean well... and if she wants bipartisan spirit and to work together, heck, let's give it a shot. But she'll have to hold back people in her party to do it. And there are some foaming-mouth Dems that are waiting to just screw things up.

It's the same situation the GOP had in 1994. Reach, but don't overextend. I still think Clinton would've won a second term in 1996, but without the government shutdown and some of the other stuff that occurred it might have been a much closer election.

By the way, Tom, love the photo. I still back Bush, but that pic makes him look like Paul Lynde.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Swing and a miss.

4. Not sure, Bat, but the only spot left for the Connecticut dickhead is at the UN, since there's no way Bolton gets confirmed either by this Senate or the next one.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Lieberman is not going to take another job. He's not going to caucus with the Republicans.

Joe is, as always, going to do what is best for Joe. Joe might be a pandering opportunist to the fullest, but Joe is no idiot. And Joe knows which way the wind is blowing.

He and the Dems will make nice, Lieberman will get his cushy committee chairmanship, and you damn well better believe he will quiet the Iraq tough talk and pare down his Fox News appearances.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Well, Bush renominated him....apparently hoping that a nomination defeat will energize the right...

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Amazing that not one single Republican running for congress, senate or governor beat an incumbent Democrat.

The times, they are a changed.

8. If this Jon Tester guy from Montana isn't Walter Sobchak from The Big Lebowski, I'm Laura Ingraham.

This will not -- heh, heh -- end well.
    http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/2006/11/senior-staffer-allen-not-emboldened-to.html

9. PopeDirkBenedict

[​IMG]

Donny was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors... and bowling, and as a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and... up to... Pismo. He died, like so many young men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives. And so would Donny. Donny, who loved bowling. And so, Theodore Donald Karabotsos, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean, which you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince

10. Jeebus, I really got the pope a layup on that one, didn't I?

11. PopeDirkBenedict

You were the Stockton to my Malone.....

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Jon Tester and Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam grew up in the same town and they're friendly with each other...PJ even played a benefit show for his campaign.

Draft saved Draft deleted