1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Open running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Aug 28, 2006.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Sure, but I can multi-task. ;)

2. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Agassi wins in four -- 6-7, 7-6, 7-6, 6-2.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That was a great match to watch. I can't remember the last time I made it a point to watch tennis, but that's exactly what I did tonight.

It was great to see Agassi win once more at the U.S. Open. He could lose the next match and I won't care, I got to see him win in the U.S. Open one more time. He always was one of my favorites.

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

He plays Baghdatis in a couple of days, which has the potential to be an even better match. And one Agassi can win.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Great match. Sorry about the third set/fourth set reference at the beginning. Too much thin air out here.

6. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

I had a terrible case of Baghdatis once. Got it from a Sicilian leper I humped on the boat to Persia. Had to dip my entire nutsack into a vat of VD juice and cinnamon after we made land.

Actually, I really only had to do the VD juice. The cinnamon was more of a celebratory flourish, not unlike a touchdown spike, only spicier.

8. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Pavel got pretty graphic in his post-match press conference. Of his stomach cramps, he said something like "I had a feeling I was going to explode in my pants." TMI.

Jones, you scare me.

9. cubs

cubs Member

Pavel shits his pants; Agassi wins in four sets

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So Agassi goes up against Bahgdattis tonight, any predictions? how many sets?
    Unfortunately I think Agassi's run comes to an end tonight in four sets.

As well, I still think Hingis is the best overal looking female tennis player in the world, always a sense of class and style about her, and a smile on her face.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

What time is the match?

Like Oz, I'm not much of a tennis guy. But there's something about watching a legend try to extend his twilight at the US Open: Connors, Sampras, Agassi. The Connors run in 1991--all matches in the middle of the night, it seemed--is still one of the coolest things ever.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Unfortunately I'm not sure. I am watching US Open coverage right now, and it is showcasing my Hingis getting her ass handed to her by some no name.

Draft saved Draft deleted