1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Open running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

This is shades of Agassi and Sampras from a couple of yars ago when neither of them broke serve until like the fifth set I think. just absolutely rediculous tennis

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I guess I shouldn't suggest Agassi doesn't deserve some syrup. But it's the endless daily syrup that will get tiresome. At some point -- like after the fourth video montage of his career -- it will become overkill. It's like running a sick person's obituary every day for a couple of weeks until he finally dies.

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Has there ever been worse crowd etiquette at a tennis match? Makes me wish the sport had more of this.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The dude in the suit, hat and holding a gym bag?

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That would be the guy. Up until the winning shot on the last set tie breaker he hadn't moved or applauded. Just sat there with his hands on his bag.

6. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

His name is Gil Reyes and he's been Agassi's trainer/fitness coach for the past 15 years or so.

Helluva match, by the way.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Wow I feel like an idiot now. What drew my attention is that he just there absolutely still for so long on so many dramatic points and shots that I didn't know what to make of it. To me it seemed like a case of which one does not belong.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

the comeback from 0-4 in the third to 5-1 in the fourth is just classic agassi. I'm lovin' this.

9. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

It's a very cool sports night. But must be brutal to capture on deadline.

10. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Agassi is the unrivaled king of blowing the snotlet on the court. No one is close.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

You mean you're not working, ginger?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Scoring update, anyone?

Draft saved Draft deleted