1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Open Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jun 10, 2016.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

She needs a meal.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nothing gets soft with that.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Apply the blow?

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Oakmont ... where the greens are bikini-waxed and the rough is 1970s jungle.

expendable likes this.
  5. spadjo martin

spadjo martin Member

It's tough to pick against Jason Day, who I think is the most complete player in the game. Snedeker has the game to win. So does Kuchar. Danny Willett at the Masters proved he can handle tough greens.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think Spieth is going to shoot 71-72-73-71 and win by three. This is the perfect set up for him in some ways. He'll grind and grind and other players will go lower each day, but none of them will avoid a blowup day like he will. Rory will go 73-67-76-71 and JDay will be similar something like 69-71-75-72.

Oostheisen is my semi-dark horse.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Saw a scroll on Golf Channel about past winners and wow Hogan won 3 of 4 and then lost to Fleck in '55; amazing. Tiger winning 3 in 8 years pretty amazing too.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

LPCP

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Andrew Landry, who had to go through local and sectional qualifying, currently torching hallowed Oakmont, -5 thru 13.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Bubba's round is off to a good start. Although ... can anyone see him keeping it together for all four days? Probably not at Oakmont.

Zach Johnson, on the other hand, is a two-time major who could be in contention.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Southern Hills at the 2007 PGA was worse. Ten times worse.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If +7 wins this thing, it will be a fraud.

Draft saved Draft deleted