1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Generals to Resign if Bush Orders Iran Attack

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Feb 25, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yawn's answer, "They can retire," is somewhat true. Officers can resign their commission. But if anyone thinks that an enlisted guy, even one with 30 years, can just "retire," like they're giving two-weeks notice, they're wrong. Enlisted sailors are on a contract, one which isn't easily broken.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yawn's clearly never been in the service.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

They can retire if they are in a position contractually to do so. No one here has said where these guys are in terms of that contract when they make such statements. Let's see if they're planning that in the early stages of it or with mere months left.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sure it's easy. Just start cooing at someone's ass while you're in the shower. Or masturbate loudly in your bunk about a threesome with the Second Class and First Class Petty Officers. :D

I don't know what the Navy version of "What if he's gay and I have to share foxhole with him", but I'm sure there's some sea-going equivalent. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted