1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Generals to Resign if Bush Orders Iran Attack

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Feb 25, 2007.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

After 9/11, Iran expressed its sympathy toward America and was actively engaged in helping America's military in Afghanistan . . . until Bush included Iran in his "axis of evil" speech.

Actually, Iran is a hell of a lot more sensible ally than Saudi Arabia.

But "sensible" and this administration is a contradiction in terms.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Iran was an ally of the U.S. when the Shah ran the country. I think you must have slept through the Khomeini years.

3. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

How can anyone possibly think going to war with Iran is a good idea? Going to war with Iraq wasn't a good idea, at least from a timing standpoint. And there are still people that think it's a good idea to go to war with one of the most powerful nations in the Middle East at this point in time?

I'm 19 years old. I've always said that if my country really needed me, I'd sign up or accept my draft card or whatever. But I'm doing well in school and have things going the right direction. I really don't want to spend a few years of my life in a desert fighting a faux-enemy just because our President thinks it's somehow a good idea to take on the entire Muslim world at once.

There are more of them than there are of us. They obviously have more resolve than us. They have obviously proven that they weren't going down without some sort of fight anywhere. And I don't see how, with 20,000 more troops planning to ship off to Iraq and a good number already there, plus however many we have in Afghanistan, people can really think going to Iran would be a good idea.

And bombing the living shit out of them would probably be an even bigger mistake.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Why isn't there a chorus of posters expressing their disdain for D_B on this particular thread? I wonder.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow dude, you are so angry, maybe you need to find jesus ... oh yeah, that's right.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Did anyone else post that before D_B did?

Therein lies your answer.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ah ... then you support mass transit and alternative fuel research. Good.

I'll ask you again, and just to make sure you understand the question I will use small words.

What fight with Iran?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i've tried coffee, but gay jesus doesn't understand the small words any better than the large ones.

9. If the iranian regime is so bad, why was Ronald Reagan - and an awful lot of the people working back in government now -- so hellbent on selling it missiles?

10. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Yawn,

I challenge you to go to the state university nearest you. Take a Marine recruiter to the college republicans and enlist yourself and all of the College GOP.

Stop talking, take action. The muslim world is watching to see your true support of this mission.

I'll start now:

chirp, chirp. The crickets are playing already.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

They both ran for more than 1,000 yards one year -- '83, I think. Kent Hull was the center.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Totally astounding. Yawn thinks this is about generals not having enough stones to attack another country.

With that one statement, Yawn, you have proven that you have no credibility whatsoever. None. There are military people who would gladly laugh in your face, then beat you down for even making that suggestion.

Draft saved Draft deleted