1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US-Australia hoops

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Aug 27, 2006.

1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I hope the day he does say that he go and make the jump to the big leagues.

2. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

This guy right here don't know what the hell he is talking about.

3. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Right.
    I believe this chat was linked here, but I couldn't find it.
    http://unrestrictedview.blogspot.com/2006/08/going-fjm-on-scoop-jacksons-chat_03.html

Johnny Mo. (South Boston, MA): Straight up and down Scoop is racist. No doubt about it. Everything is black(good) and white(bad). I have been reading up on Scoop since back in the day at SLAM and the whole time the man is on the "Nation Movement" tip. C'mon, man. You ain't no gangster you don't know the streets like you claim you do. I talked to dudes who say they knew you growin' up and they don't back you. Let it be man, just let it be. If you really got a point then it's all good, but it's all gotta stop 'cause it just ain't called for. As for the sportswriting speech you gave, it's hard for anyone to get on(sports writing) without the proper education. In the NBA you don't even need to be able to sign your name on those huge checks to get 'em. So if us city kids get in touble it's very hard for us to turn around and get a gig writing. I know, I'm tryin'. And I got skills. Now if my game was Greg Oden tight, it wouldn't matter about what I did before. That's all man. It's no one's fault but those of us who messed up as to why it is hard for us to get on. I'm 26, tryin' to get on with it but it's hard. You ain't seen nothin like me, so it irritates me to see you try and write like you know it. Take your own advice and "Keep It Real". I'm from the bricks I know what it's like to have your boy dead in your hands. You ain't with that. Let it be man, let it be.

scoop Jackson: On the real, if you knew or talked to cats that knew me comiung up or you talked to some of them dudes, then you really wouldnta wrote what you did. Never said i was gangsta, never said i was street. But trust me due, you don't KNOW me, or what i've been through. hard don't make you hard. Surviving does. And That's what I'd done against all odds. And if you knew me and knew my peoples you'ld know that. So before you start poppin' your gums about me and what you think i'm not, get your life right. stay the f outta mine.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Never going to happen. Any NBA job would be a step down --- hell, a long elevator ride down --- from what he has now in Durham, N.C.

Draft saved Draft deleted