1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Attorneys 86'ed.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 10, 2007.

1. He was a lightweight coatholder.
    Always.
    Not much of a drawback as a WH counsel, but as an AG?
    Yeesh.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think it's going to proven time and again over the next few weeks that Mr. Gonzales is in WAAAAYYY over his head.

I'm pretty sure I heard a television talking head say the other day that he had never held an office or judgeship that he had not been appointed to by GWB.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Do you have a link? I would be very interested in reading this.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Look what kind of lawyers W has had for white house counsel and attorney general. Think he gives a hoot about credibility?

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Part one is here. You can then go to the last three parts from the story.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/benchconference/2007/03/alberto_gonzales_a_willing_acc.html

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Thank you, sir.

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Darn copy editors!

It's kind of like that "Work 'em silly Gators" sign at Florida games. I think they finally added a comma a few years ago to stop people from thinking they were calling the Gators silly.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Or the silly Gators.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Actually, I'd prefer the comma after the 'em, myself.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Part IV suggests a great candidate for the next Attorny General would be Patrick Fitzgerald, the Libby case prosecutor. Man, he would scare the crap out of everyone (Dems and Republicans). Of course, the article states it probably won't happen.

As far as the proper use of commas, just a quick story I heard second hand. An NFL writer at a big metro didn't like the fact that copy editors criticized his use of a comma or something (I forget the exact details). So the next story he sent in had NO COMMAS, PERIODS OR OTHER PUNCTUATIONS.

It was one long sentence. Funny stuff. If you're not the copy editors.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I might have accidentally put a story about curling in place of this guy's story if he's that much of a prima donna that his copy can't be touched.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Or the silly mid-ons. [/cricketthread]

Draft saved Draft deleted