1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Airways to start charging for drinks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Kansas City being one of them, which is absolutely maddening. And no, there aren't any water fountains past security.

Great greeting airport, poor departure airport.

2. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

Is Kansas City the airport where every gate has its own security entrance? Or am I thinking of somewhere else.

God, I hate flying.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Nah, Kansas City has one BIG terminal for about 8-10 gates, but its tiny and there's nothing inside of it. I swear, other airports look like freaking palaces compared to the KC Airport. I flew internationally the summer after 9/11, when security was even worse than it is now and we had to be there about 3 1/2 hours before the flight. There was nothing...NOTHING...to do. I wanted to bash my head into a wall.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Sounds like I'd be better off taking Amtrak to get to SportsJournalists.com Outing 2009.

5. Better leave tomorrow.

6. rascalface

rascalface Member

I once rode the buses between terminals around KCI for an hour, just because I was bored.

7. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Yup. If it's empty, they can't do a damn thing about it.

It can be a disposable bottle you've already finished or a water bottle you re-use a lot. The only key is it has to be completely dry when you bring it through security. Their problem is the liquid, not the container.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

And somehow, this doesn't surprise me at all. Having been to Minneapolis (seriously, if anyone gets the chance to have a 5+ hour layover there, DO IT. There's plenty to do even if you can't go across the street to the Mall of America.), Detroit, Philly and Charlotte, KCI is about the most pathetic airport I've ever been subjected to. Then again, when you live in Kansas, you don't have many options.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Philly's airport is a death sentence.
    If they ever find Bin Laden, don't kill him, make him fly through Philly in the winter for a year.

10. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Philly's airport, at least the US Airways concourses (A, B & C) have gotten better. It's certainly not Heathrow in terms of things to do, but parts of it have gotten considerably better.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

It has?
    The delays and cancellations have gotten better?
    I went through there 48 times between January and March this year (which, by the way, was because Pittsburgh is no longer a hub, bite me very much).
    I was delayed or canceled 33 times.
    Philly sucks.

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

USAirways blows. (Even before this new rule)

Draft saved Draft deleted