1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Airways Plane in the Hudson River (Anniversary)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Did the movie describe how at least one passenger in the back disobeyed the flight attendants and managed to open one of the rear doors? That move is what caused a lot of the flooding of the interior.

Obey flight attendants - they are highly trained for YOUR safety
    Try not to panic (admittedly, not easy)
    Learn from prior events

I wear work boots that speed lace over the ankle. If I survive a crash, I want to be able to walk/run over treacherous things with my boots on, instead of in my socks or barefooted.

I also use apps that can track my flight in airplane mode, passively picking up GPS signals. Generally have to have a window seat, but it makes flying that much more fun. Can ID things on the ground. And I sure as hell could have told the attendants on that Malaysian flight that for some odd reason we were headed to the middle of the Indian Ocean.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Been awhile since I've seen it. Don't recall the thing about the passenger opening the door in the movie, but I could be wrong.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

John B. Foster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted