1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urinals

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Question: Do dive bars everywhere dump buckets of ice in the trough urinals, or is that just here?

The urinals at PJ Clarke's are about damn perfect.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Fact: it's not a kid's urinal, it's a handicap urinal.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Saw that at a really fancy as club in downtown DC while I was attending a Christmas party. Was amazed by it in a WTF sort of way.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Rich Stadium in Buffalo still has the trough (least it did when I was there in 2011) and when those are full you just use the sink or piss in the drain on the floor.

Worst thing I ever saw there were two drunk guys standing next to each other discussing the game at halftime. One guy turns - in mid stream - to make a point and pisses all over the other guy. Guy takes exception to it and takes a swing then it becomes two guys - with their pants around their ankles in puddles of piss on the floor - throwing down. Good times.

5. Augusta National also has trough urinals

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You know that you are in a vintage stadium when you get the wall. In searching for a proper photo I came across this one of a guy just after he kissed the stadium wall at Husky Stadium, apparently earning $50 on a dare.

[​IMG]

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Women reading this thread will realize just how much fun we have with our happy appendage.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The WVU Coliseum in Morganhole has trough urinals.

9. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Really? Not to sound crass, but how's that work? Doesn't handicap imply "wheelchair"?

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And then there is the whole great outdoors - the nature pee.

Trees, bushes, whether on hiking trails, golf courses, or even on front yard landscaping.

Also urban settings, where my list includes Baltimore and Boston alleys. (crossthread top drinking cities)

Yes, gentlemen, the whole WORLD is our URINAL!!!

11. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I admit to an interest in both the etiquette and accuracy issues. The etiquette part seems so awkward and the accuracy problem baffles me.

I do not understand how people who can play tic tac toe or write their names in ice while peeing or who would likely excel at the games Rusty has suggested also have such a hard time successfully peeing into a toilet. What about a home bathroom makes aiming so difficult? You just have to point it, right?

I'm putting in those comfort level toilets figuring that while the target is no larger, at least it's closer.

I understand the rule about not looking but there must be an occassional peek. No?

What about talking? Is that allowed? Only certain topics? Only if you know the person? Or maybe you don't know the person? Are there different rules if the other person is your boss?

12. [​IMG]

The urinal pelican.

Opulence - I has it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted