1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urinals

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Why aren't they standard everywhere? I have to think many marriages would be saved if the debates about leaving the seat up and accidentally peeing on the floor went away.

I love urinals, especially the ones that stretch all the way to the floor. Not enough places have those, though I suppose they probably require extra construction. I think they should be mandatory in public men's restrooms, along with paper towel dispensers that don't require touching a lever.

I also find urinal culture to be fascinating. There are so many social rules applied to the urinal, and men everywhere know all of them. Only fucking creeps look at another guy while he's at a urinal or pick the urinal right next to another guy when there is any other option. Those people should be locked up. And only Butters Stotch pulls his pants down at the urinal.

If I ever have money to remodel my bathroom (which would first require buying a house), I want to get a urinal installed.

Discuss.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Why don't more people have urinals?

Because men don't clean the bathrooms.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Urinals solve the issue of piss on the floor, though. And they pretty much clean themselves if you change out the blue urinal cake every few weeks.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Oh god, Vers and I were truly separated at birth, because I have wanted to start a thread on this very subject for over six months, and decided not to because I didn't want to be run out of town.

5. Why stop with urinals? Every house needs a urinal trough.

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Me and some buddies were going to develop a company that created urinal games. We haven't worked out the logistics, but somehow we'll project onto the backs of urinals a game that involves peeing. Maybe targets appear, and you see who hits the most with a high-score board above each urinal, or a longest-pee game where a sensor tells who peed for the longest consecutive time, or a game where you hit a certain target and hold that spot, like the squirt gun/balloon game at a carnival where the balloon fills up.

If we can get bars to install this, we'll make the restrooms part of the attraction. Patent Pending.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Urinals are 50 percent universal.[/georgecarlin]

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're still 10 days short of being a member for six months, newbie.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We have friends who have three boys and they put a waterless urinal in their basement. They love it. Apparently, it's not that expensive to do.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Vombatus, I'm still leery of you for stealing my initial. And YankeeFan is right. I'll have your strongest double IPA.

11. joe

joe Active Member

Ladies and gentlemen, You're In Town:

http://www.joesnxnw.com/article.php?story=2008041817220474

12. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I always thought there could be marketing money made by making urinal deodorants in the shape of logos. A Nike swoosh, for instance.

Draft saved Draft deleted