1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

URGENT! Obama no Lakers hater!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Batman, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

AP did an interview with Obama today. Terrific. There were lots of important topics covered, including whether he thought Michael Jordan was a better player than Kobe Bryant.
    It's good they did an interview. They actually did cover a lot of major stuff. And I don't even have a problem slipping in a pop culture question or two. But why, AP, were they broken out into insipid briefs like this:

There was also a tag on top of this (which was on the wire version I saw earlier but not on AP Exchange) with an "Urgent" tag. And an AP newsalert about him saying Michael Jackson was the greatest entertainer ever.
    Urgent, and a newsalert? Are you kidding me? Why?

2. Sp0rtScribe

Sp0rtScribe Member

He's correct on both accounts. Michael was better than Kobe, and while it's certainly arguable, Jackson was the greatest entertainer ever.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

To be fair, AP is doing an AP News Alert or AP NewsNow on tons of things now, many of them not remotely urgent. This seems a bit much, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted