1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urgent, need help finding Chi-town hotels!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Aug 25, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

If I'm staying there for just Saturday night, I don't think that would be too much of a problem. I spent the last three semesters at college listening to local "residents" (actually paid-off cronies bused in to pretend they were from the neighborhood) protest from 7:30-11:00 am. REALLY didn't enjoy that.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I just did a search on marriott.com and you can get a room at the Midway Fairifield Inn and Suites for 139.00. A cab to the areas you want shouldn't be too bad from there. If you fly in on Southwest or Airtran, you might be able to get a cheap flight into Midway, making it convenient for checkout and leaving the next day.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Also, expedia is a good place to start, but be sure to visit the hotel site before purchasing. Often you can find a Web Special rate that is cheaper, but you have to pay for it when you click to reserve the room.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Well, I've definitely ruled out anything near the Magnificent Mile (a bombastic name like that should be in NYC, shouldn't it?). I'm focusing on hotels around O'Hare and the Renaissance blew me away with both price and facilities. Can any give me some 411?

Draft saved Draft deleted