1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urgent help

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Blake1288, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Ooooooooooooooooooh, it's two SEPARATE number 1's.

I get it now.

2. spud

spud Member

THERE'S NO 11 BUTTON??????????

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Hold on, I'll get the number out of my media guide.

Oh, they no longer send a media guide? OK, can you wait another 20 minutes while I find it in my electronic version?

4. Blake1288

Blake1288 New Member

<_____<

I did try this, for quite some time.

5. Blake1288

Blake1288 New Member

I found it by the way.

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Ah, well, on this board, this initial post, there was no way you were going to escape the hounds. Part of the deal here. And if it helped you get the information you were looking for, whatever.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

For Blake, and perhaps anyone young and inexperienced and a bit overwhelmed (maybe a prep writer just starting out), if you need media contacts for colleges and other high-profile sports teams, conferences and companies, CoSIDA is a great organization. It's the College Sports Information Directors of America (as opposed to the College Sports Information Directors of Namibia), and its membership it includes people at other places, such as the USOC, bowls, etc.

http://www.cosida.com/directory.aspx gets you the member directory.

There is also an e-directory on that page for download. For Michigan State, you would have gone to the link for U.S. Senior Colleges, then to the 'M' tab, then on and on until you found Michigan State University. On that page, you have a link for the school website, plus links to <a href="http://www.cosida.com/directory.aspx?org_id=707">More</a>, including contact persons in the sports information office. You might have to talk to one to get to the right person, because their area of responsibility generally is not listed.

Anyway, it's just one of many resources you could have used, but it's one of the best. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. And if you're having fun with us, as Piotr speculated, I hereby sentence you to a lifetime of daily chasing down rumors of Nick Saban's possible return to Michigan State/LSU/the NFL/his home planet.

(Edited to add I just saw your post that you found what you needed. Glad to hear it.)

8. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Thread I eventually expect to seee on this board:
    URGENT! HALP!
    Last night I was awake. Then I wasn't awake. Now I am awake again. But I appear to be naked from roughly the middle of me down. I am perplexed by this problem. I made some initial explorations. There does appear to be a smaller room off the room where I spend my not-awake time. And in that room, there appear to be cloth coverings that approiximate the lower half of a human anatomy.
    Does anyone know what I should do next?

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to get to SportsJournalists.com? I need some urgent help.

10. spud

spud Member

Then you're a moron.

11. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

anybody think blake will be back?

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I trust he has found his help. Me, I'm on hold with Verizon over this "11" button thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.