1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban Meyer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 13, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And Chris Peterson is a better coach? Hmmmm. You are aware Washington was a game worse with him than with Sark, yes?

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

By your reasoning, it's Sark's players, so it doesn't count.

3. LongTimeListener

OK bud.

You're smart.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

So? Both took doormats to top level programs. Who cares how you get there -by balance or outscoring everyone. Don't care how they skinned the cat. Just that they ended up with a better skinned cat than aloft everyone else.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd take Shaw over all those guys.

6. LongTimeListener

Splitting hairs here maybe, but I think Baylor is benefiting from a general downturn/turmoil in its conference plus an unwillingness to play games that will hurt its record.

Also, school administration is a little ... uh ... flexible about who gets in. Same with hoops.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Possibly. If we agree that they're in the same general band and picking between them is splitting hairs, I'm good.

8. LongTimeListener

Yeah Briles is up in that category. Really I think it's 1) Meyer 2) Saban and then a jumble. But I do think Harbaugh is by far the most likely to seize that #3 spot or knock off the #1 or #2 guy. Everyone else seems to have maxed out.

9. LongTimeListener

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

He shouldn't have to angle for one.

11. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'm not sold on Petersen. People make a big deal about being able to win at Boise State, but since Boise can get almost any kid into school and the epic failure Dan Hawkins was when he went to the Big 12, Petersen is going to have to prove he's as good as some say.

Maybe that's unfair, to judge him partially on his predecessor's failure, but that's the way I feel.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

He'll get one.

Draft saved Draft deleted