1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban Meyer to, um, clean up Ohio State program?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nmmetsfan, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Also hearing he's (no shock) getting a fairly open checkbook to hire a staff. This would actually be a pretty big change for tOSU, who hasn't (relative to the other "big boys") paid all that well, assistant coach-wise.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Meyer is in a position to ask for and get almost everything he wants... No surprise he's taking full advantage of it...

3. derwood

derwood Active Member

Denying it. Must be true.

4. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

As the resident tOSU fanboi, let me make one thing abundantly clear. I still refuse to truly believe ANY of this, until I see him at the podium......

5. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I feel sorry for any buckeyes that don't run 4.3 40's. Will Meyer come in and cut them all?

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Any chance he lures Weis up to Columbus?

7. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Considering Weis left Kansas City and set up shop in North Central Florida for family reasons, I'd say not much chance at all.

8. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Three items that are probably driving any potential time frame:

1. It's Michigan week. tOSU won't do anything to distract from that, until the game is over.

1-A. Out of respect for the current coaching staff (in particular Fickell), as well as a pretty successful Senior class, nothing will happen until Michigan week is over.

2. The 800 lb. gorilla in the room. What / when will the NCAA decide re: any further sanction(s). Pretty sure Ohio State knows (based on precedent & the fact Gene Smith is pretty connected in Indy) what's coming. Their choosing not to self-impose a bowl ban this season, even though it'll be a horshe-sh*t bowl, makes that evident. They're pushing to get the final decision made ASAP. Although it's doubtful it'll be enough to derail things with Meyer, it certainly COULD.....

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

OSU is twice the pressure of Florida. If I were Meyer, the first thing I'd do is learn the route to the nearest hospital from the stadium.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Weis left Kansas City because Haley is a colossal douche and there was only room for one colossal douche on that coaching staff.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They also needed a colossal douche in Gainesville to replace the colossal douche that was leaving to uh, spend more time with his family.

12. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Hey...spending time with kids is exhausting. Time to get back to work.....

Draft saved Draft deleted